PDA

View Full Version : Moving need advice

jenlovesty
08/24/2006, 04:58 PM
I am moving in a couple of weeks. The drive is only 3 hours. I have a 55 gallon and a 10 gallon reef. Each tank has live rock, corals, and fish.

What is the best way to move them?

Should we put all the corals and the fish in 5 gallon buckets with a bubbler or put each fish/coral in a plastic bag like the lfs?

What do you think?

TheMcs
08/24/2006, 05:04 PM
I always used to 5 gal/bubbler method for fish and inverts. Move the rock submersed (rubbermaid or more buckets). Leave the sand in the tank undisturbed!
Easy enough, used to move a 58 gal reef while in college home in the spring and back in the fall. It was a 3 hour drive. Never lost a thing.

MCary
08/24/2006, 05:36 PM
I moved a bunch of fish and corals in the back seat of an Explorer Sport Trac. Not actually the seat itself. That would be illegal since I didn't have seat belts for every body. But I threw them in a 40 gallon rubber made tote and then fill the tote about 1/3 full of water. Then I drove them 5 hours and dumped them in my tank. Didn't lose anything. About 20 corals LPS & SPS mostly. Hippo tang, Yellow and purple tang, Royal gramma, 4 reef chromis, 2 Ocellaris clowns, a coral beauty, Foxface Lo, snails and crabs, coral banded and cherry shrimp, and 2 pajama cardinals no bubbler, they did fine.

Mike