PDA

View Full Version : Is my tank too full?

amphirion
08/25/2006, 06:58 AM
Hi,
Will my tank be too full if I put these two fishes (blue tang(doris) and a blue throat trigger) in my setup?

Here is my setup:

110g reef tank (48"x18"x30")
deltec mc500 skimmer and giesemann 300w MH lighting, 4 power heads
150 pounds of live rock + live sand
Fish: 1 sailfin tang, 1 foxface, 2 percula clown fish ,1 sebae clown fish, 3 green chromis and 1 banded goby.
Inverts: snails , feather duster, and two anemones (heteractis magnifica and heteractis malu)
+ soft corals and some stony corals too

Could I introduce a blue throt trigger and a blue tang (doris) without any problems? Would my tank be too full? Should I only introduce the blue tang? If I take a young trigger and a young blue tang, will there be a problem in long term with my 3 green chromis? Will my fishes fight against each other?
I need your opinion

Thank you

P.S: Excuse me for my english mistakes, I'm not from US.

(this thread is in 2 different categories because I didn't know where to put it!)

AquaReeferMan
08/25/2006, 08:38 AM
I wouldnt add the Hippo Tang. These fish are very prone to ick and get stressed out in smaller tanks. You already have a tang in there and I think there would be fighting amongst them. You might be able to get away with adding a small blue throat but even thats pushing it.

skeeter-doc
08/25/2006, 08:50 AM
i think over time if you got the trigger, it might end up bullying the chromis and maybe the clowns

a 4 foot tank really limits you on your fish options, ... but it sounds good as is to me, so how about not adding anything else, ... :)

afelder
08/25/2006, 09:10 AM
I think your already pretty well stocked. If you got rid of the chromis you could probably add teh blue throat.