PDA

View Full Version : tankmate suggestions...

adamatic
08/25/2006, 02:02 PM
i have a 72 gal bow currently stocked with 2 young clowns, 2 young blue-green chromis, a midas blenny and a scooter blenny as well as assorted clean-up crew. i was wondering what you folks might suggest as far as a centerpiece tang or angelfish. i was thinking about a juvenile koran angelfish, any comments?

Travis L. Stevens
08/25/2006, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't get the Koran, they get large. ~15" If you really wanted a tang, you could go with a Yellow Tang or a Kole Tang. I would look for something prettier, personally. Maybe a few Lyretail Anthias?

BurntOutReefer
08/25/2006, 02:10 PM
On the Koran, smaller specimens are less risky...but when they get bigger, they may eat some soft corals and nip at large Polyped stony corals, zooanthids and clams. So...if you decide to go reef later, you might have to get rid of him....

adamatic
08/25/2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...I'm going to look into the anthias. I already have shrooms, sps and lps in the tank so I want to stay away from anything not reef-safe. Any other suggestions?

yoboyjdizz
08/25/2006, 07:33 PM
I would stay away from the large angels... anthias would be nice or a darwf angel flame or coral beauty risky in reef but keep them well feed and you can get lucky.. A yellow tang would be nice. Maybe a little sohal of fairy wrasses... Just some thoughts for you.

familyreefer
08/25/2006, 10:38 PM
Clown Tang. Look great . Only about 40-60 bucks

coker98
08/25/2006, 10:42 PM
flame angel-beautiful fish, dont get huge but is hit or miss with nipping.
purple queen anthias are also a pretty fish.

Reefjeeper
08/26/2006, 09:48 AM
Might just be lucky, but i have a nice Koran, she eats anything i don't like and nipped at some of my coral for the first day and never since. Weird thing is, i bought some LR that had a bit of aptasia on it(didn't see it at the store) and after a few days it was gone and she was the only one even looking at the stuff!!! but i might be wrong, who knows FWIW