PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer.

itz frank
08/25/2006, 05:20 PM
Ok. i have a sealife 150 skimmer. It has an air valve that i have opened a little bit. It has pulled out some skimmage before but not a whole lot. I have been overfeeding my tank and there's enough going on that it should be getting some skimmage. My problem is that it doesn't seem like the skimmer is making enough foam inside the skimmer to push anything up to the skimmer cup. On top of that there's a water level line on the skimmer and neither the water outside nor inside reaches this line. Can anyone help me?

bertoni
08/25/2006, 05:30 PM
I think you'll need to situation the skimmer so that it's deep enough in the water to be properly filled. I don't know anything about this skimmer, so I can't help more without a picture, etc.

itz frank
08/25/2006, 05:57 PM
Anyone know how to fix this? There's a water line outside the skimmer but my water is below that both inside and out. Help?

markandkristen
08/25/2006, 10:36 PM
if you have a sump ...which i think a sealife 150 has to have a sump. then you i guess your already aware of adding more water to the system gives more water to the sump.
correct me if im wrong .. thiers a white tube that the water discharges out of the skimmer. this can be raised to raise the water level in the skimmer.

also the airline tube that has your adjustable valve..
where it connects to your pump you can use a drill bit to make sure thier is no salt creep accumulated in their. (not the tubing but the inlet on the pump)

itz frank
08/26/2006, 01:43 AM
Wow, I didn't even know about the adjustments to the return on the skimmer. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Shagsbeard
08/26/2006, 04:46 AM
All skimmers need about a week break in. It's something to do with the oils they use in manufacturing.