PDA

View Full Version : How to move Hairy Mushroom

nozzano22
08/27/2006, 11:23 AM
Hello all,

I am a bit of a newb here, but things are doing well in my tank at 4 months. I have several types of mushrooms, as well as a few Fish, plenty of LR and Live Sand in my 50 gallon.

My question is can I move the shrooms off the rock, if so how?

I just bought a tennis ball size rock with 3 hairy mushrooms on it. I tried to split off some of the rock, but it fractured under one of the shrooms. He is looking Ok but did not like the distruption. I would like to place the shrooms on some of my existing rock.

Thanks for any advice,

Mike

mr_miagi32
08/27/2006, 05:52 PM
Break up the rock. Or, cut the foot off the shrooms, and place them around the tank holding them down with some LR rubble or hair netting until they re-fix themselves with a new foot. They are resiliant, they will come back. Plus, where you cut their foot off they are likely to re-grow another colony.

jpgwold
08/28/2006, 08:02 PM
I would not suggest using hair netting. Maybe fishing line, if you want more information I can tell you the best ways I have found to secure them down. As for removing them I would have to agree with mr_miagi32 when he said to cut them at the base of the shroom. Using a exacto knife with new blades are pretty easy on the mushroom. Let us know how it goes.