PDA

View Full Version : Blue xenia?

sir_dudeguy
08/27/2006, 07:14 PM
can anyone show me a pic of blue xenia? I didnt know that there was such a thing, but the guy i got my xenia from said the store he bought if from had it listed as "blue xenia."

Now, i got this for pretty much free (and a ton of it too lol), but someone told me that blue xenia was really expensive...true?

I just thought it was regular xenia when i got it 3 months ago...but now that its grown into a forest...it does seem to have a blue tint to it, mostly on the "hands".

thanks
mike

sir_dudeguy
08/27/2006, 07:47 PM
bump...its already at the bottom :0

PatMayo
08/27/2006, 07:49 PM
Never heard of or seen blue Xenia. However most Xenia I have seen is a weed. I had it for a short time and took it out of the tank. Too difficult to control.

Regards,

Pat

sir_dudeguy
08/27/2006, 07:50 PM
Ya so is mine lol, but i like it like that. I like having all the wavyness in the tank. Plus my clowns are kinda goin in one of the larger parts, so i think they're hosting it/in the process of desiding to host it lol.

I've got no problem with cutting off a huge piece every week and trading it for something else :)

elkinsda
08/27/2006, 07:54 PM
whats the best way to go about trimming xenia up?

sir_dudeguy
08/27/2006, 08:02 PM
I just take a razor and cut a stalk off of the main thing. Always works for me and theres a new branch growing in like 4 days, and the stalk i cut off attatches to rubble rock that i've got in like 2 or 3 days also.

but does anyone know if there actually is a blue xenia?

chrisstie
08/27/2006, 08:41 PM
I believe there is and it is somewhat hard to come across. I think theres white pink blue and possibly a silver sort of color (grey?)

i wouldn't mind having some come my 55 but the way i hear the stuff can grow theres no chance im putting it in my nano. i'm wondering about the next year or so after adding a mushroom somewhat recently lol

sir_dudeguy
08/27/2006, 08:52 PM
Well, i've been talking to the people in the local boards...the guy i got it from showed a pic and someone else did say that it is indeed a rare veriety of some sort of blue xenia. the guy that ID'd the pic runs the lfs over here, and he said they do get blue xenias, but they dont ship well apparently.

chrisstie
08/27/2006, 09:10 PM
yeah shipping is really bad for them in general i believe =\

GobyJohnKenobi
08/27/2006, 10:25 PM
I've see it online for $70 a stalk. It has a blue tinge all over, not just on the tips. I hear it is a bit more particular about its care and requirements. I wish I could remember which site I saw it on, but it was one of the more popular ones that you see listed here.

It looked very cool, but the price put me off.
If you really have the blue Xenia, then start fragging.... but first send me some... strictly for verification purposes. ;)

DriftRtist
08/27/2006, 11:28 PM
Couple of stores around my area had some. I think it looked like yours. Under T5 lighting it was mostly that brown color with a light tint of blue.