PDA

View Full Version : What to do now?

nikeboy_2001
08/29/2006, 10:32 AM
Well i still cant get a hold of anyone from TMR to get me my overflow box i ordered. I've called a ton of times to his cell and he wont answer, left messages etc. Any idea what i need to do now. I dont want to be out of 150 bucks! He has the box at his brothers house but i dont know any other way to get a hold of someone to get me directions even.

Sloeber
08/29/2006, 10:41 AM
this is obviously quite a stretch and certainly not the best place to start, but i wonder if the local authorities can help you out in anyway possible?

i'm certainly not offering hindsight advice here, but this is why i never pay for goods before i recieve them, especially if it is a new operation like TMR was. many years ago when i was trading in my boat i had a dealership that wanted me to sign over my current boat while i waited for the factory to build and deliver the new one for me. i passed on the deal solely because of what happened to you. not exactly the same level, but if that dealership would have closed with my boat on his lot before i got my new boat delivered, i would have been SOL.

philagothos
08/29/2006, 12:54 PM
The local authorities will likely say it is a civil matter and not something they can/want to get involved with. If it comes to something like that small claims court would probably be your best route.

I would just stay on him about it. You don't want to harass him, but you might mention that you are starting to feel the need to pursue legal action. Maybe that little extra pressure would help get some results. You might even mention a deadline, something like "If I don't hear back from you by Thursday, I will be persueing legal action Friday." The only thing is that you have to be willing to back up your threats.

Maybe UH OH_5_OH will chime in about the likelihood of local authorities to get involved.

UH_OH_5_OH
08/29/2006, 01:09 PM
Yeah thats exactly right philagothos.....or should I say...big daddy! The local, county or state authorities will sidestep this like it's a landmine. They are immediately going to tell you it's a civil matter and to take him to small claims court.

Benny Z
08/29/2006, 01:34 PM
how did you pay?

if it was by credit card you can file a complaint and have the charge refunded.

i would only pursue this as a last resort. knowing guy, i doubt he is trying to steal your money. however, i understand the frustration of trying to get ahold of him. even when the store was open there was a 1 in 50 chance that someone would pick up the phone, and even if you left a message there was a 1 in 50 chance that you would get a callback.

brad23
08/29/2006, 02:29 PM
TMR customer service was the worst I've ever dealt with anywhere. No one answered the phone, no one returned calls and emails were rarely ever returned.

He wonders why he went out of business.

JazzMann2
08/29/2006, 06:04 PM
The thing about filing a claim is that if you have nothing, then you can take nothing. There was a reason they shut down, and I'm assuming its $$$ issues. All they'd have to do is file bankruptcy, and you couldn't get anything. Maybe I'm wrong.

My .02

~Jeff