PDA

View Full Version : barebottom nanos anyone have one?

Gbeef
08/29/2006, 04:16 PM
Hey im starting a nano reef up wonder who has a bare bottom nano?
Wondering on feedback on it on how its performing?
Im looking to setup somthing.

ycrazyy
08/29/2006, 06:39 PM
I originally setup my 24g JBJ nano as a barebottom. Kept it that way for a few months. It was doing ok, but once I put a sandbed in it definitely started doing better and DEFINITELY looked better. I would just put in a shallow sand bed (1" - 2").

cyenna
08/29/2006, 08:49 PM
I don't have one and I don't believe they are that popular because most nano's don't have skimmers and all that big tank equipment so you need all the help you can get. A sandbed of like 1 inch will allow for beneficial anaerobic bacteria and for sandsifting snails to burrow, also, a lot of nano-sized fish are gobys which like to chill out on the sand. Plus, sand looks good and if you start out with dead sand, it's super cheap. On the other hand, if you're set for a BB then go for it - BB is certainly easier to clean. :) good luck!

calvin415
08/29/2006, 09:05 PM
I'll be setting up my nano lagoon with a bare bottom, but I'll be running a sump with a DSB Bucket and a ER skimmer... I'll be posting pictures once I get it going.

bj32482
08/30/2006, 07:44 AM
setting up my bare bottom 20g today

Assuming ups can get here with my lights and live rock.

Will post pics

bj

Gbeef
08/30/2006, 09:38 AM
sounds good
im totally interested. i had a larger tank before it was so dirty and i tried keeping it clean. Im gonna let my Live rock bake also. The system im going to try is a barebottom minibow with a remora nano and a aqua clear attach. Will see what happends.