PDA

View Full Version : Build quality of the CPR Aquafuge Lights? anygood?

fantastic4
08/29/2006, 04:41 PM
Worth the money? Your opinions?

GobyJohnKenobi
08/29/2006, 08:07 PM
I could be mistaken here, but I think they are made by Finnex, a fairly good brand. I have seen a number of different lighting options for them. Are you talking about the ones shown on their site or the ones on Ameka Aquatics site?

I have thought about setting up an Aquafuge on my 15, and that was the light I planned to go with since it actually fit over the narrow Fuge. Then I changed my mind about the whole Fuge thing.

fantastic4
08/29/2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the reply, yes was referring to the CPR brand (or CPR version they sell on Marinedepot and the CPR website). Not sure about the build qaulity. I ended up ordering one anyway. Will post what I think of them when I get them.

55kfog
09/01/2006, 05:08 AM
I haven't heard of any issues with the cpr light. looks pretty good too.

let us know what you think. thanks!

fantastic4
09/01/2006, 08:39 AM
Just received them last night, as well as the Aquafuge. After getting a 110% whooping from my wife "you know the speech" ...with all that money you spend on that fish tank I could of had new wood floors!...

Well, so far... Opened the CPR lights box and the unit looks great. Solid in weight and the top is made out of alluminum. The starter/ballast looks to be internal. Will turn it on this weekend and take a few pictures on the new fuge. Also the build quality of the Aquafuge is excellent, beyound my expectations as I thought it would be just ok. The size of the fuge is nice as well, bigger than I thought. The new fuge has a black acrylic wall adjacent to the tank. It looks sleek.

Note:
The Aquafuge medium fits the Oceanic 30 g cube perfect. (only on the two longs side though). If you plan on placing this unit on the short side, you will 100% need to buy the small version.

Will take pictures and give more feedback when I set it up, only had a few minutes to inspect for damage so far.

GobyJohnKenobi
09/02/2006, 05:02 PM
Did you get the clear acrylic stands CPR offers for the light/fuge combo?

I always thought they looked cool.

Is the light actually a Finnex?

fantastic4
09/08/2006, 06:19 PM
GobyJohnKenobi, yes I ordered them as well. They look good. $13 at MarineDepot, but I wanted the look to be professional so I'm tossing out my Melvs Home Depot light setup and going for this Aqualight with Acrylic stands, will send pictures when the stand is done.