PDA

View Full Version : help

Brandon's Reef
08/30/2006, 08:24 AM
I've purchased a 24 gallon aquapod with the 150 watt halide. The problem is I took out all of the filters that came with the aquapod and put a coralife 65 on the back section. There are such high amounts of Micro-bubbles I cant see the back of the tank. Is anyone else having this problem or knows how to fix it? Its very annoying after all this money I'm putting into it I thought I was doing everything right. Im not new to aquariums I've been working at a saltwater specialty store for around 2 years and was manager at one time. I've owned countless tanks mostly sps reefs and I absolutely HATE microbubbles any and all help would be appreciated.

sir_dudeguy
08/30/2006, 08:42 AM
the skimmer takes like a week or so to break in. During the break in they put out a ton, but they're sposed to stop (to a certain point) after break in.

Brandon's Reef
08/30/2006, 06:48 PM
have you ever owned one? ive owned countless skimmers deltecs, remoras, coralife 125 ect....but none of them ever put out this much? should i just let it run i was goin to put a filter sock on the end of it?

Brandon's Reef
08/30/2006, 06:50 PM
im not trying to be crotchety but ive owned this kind of skimmer before and it never was this bad. Now im aware of the initial break in point but the question wasnt about the bubble more of how to fix them you know like put a certain type of filter pad in a certain place or what not, if you understand what im asking that would be excellent. Just trying to get some advice from some people that have had experience with this tank and this problem.
Thank you,
Brandon Fields

sir_dudeguy
08/30/2006, 09:47 PM
yes i own 2 skimmers, one being a css 65 and the other being the remora, both of which are known for giving lots of bubbles during break in especiallly.

But how far under the water is the pump? whenever i dont pay attention to the water level in my sump and the water gets too low (making the pump intake too close to the surface) and it just sucks in a lot of air, which = lots of bubbles.

Theres also a box of some sort for the remora thats sposed to help take out bubbles...but i dont know if they make if for css's...i'm thinking its called like a pre-skimmer box? Try searching for a coralife preskimmer box?

Brandon's Reef
08/31/2006, 04:42 AM
yea Ive got the box that stops the bubbles problem is it wont fit behind where it needs to go. Yea it could be the water level this is my first tank without a sump so i didnt really even think about that thanks!

sir_dudeguy
08/31/2006, 08:24 AM
how far under is it now? (and since you cant use that box...i'll take it lol. just kidding :) )

Brandon's Reef
08/31/2006, 01:18 PM
umm i just filled it with more water and ill check when I get home from work. But it was like 1 inch underwater at the time

sir_dudeguy
08/31/2006, 01:43 PM
ya an inch is too close. The manual says 3 or 4 inches i think, or at least thats what someone told me.

Brandon's Reef
08/31/2006, 02:14 PM
o0ok ill update you when i get home thanks for the advice i didnt even think of that