PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a Wennera?

TomDe
08/31/2006, 04:28 PM
First off, I have 45 lbs of new LR. I caught a mantis the first night because I was lucky enough to spot him.

The 2nd is hiding good but I removed half of my rock today one by one and when I heard a click removed another piece. Tomorrow is the other half. Tank is 5 days old so I figured I may as well do this now.

So, I have 1 and hopefully another on the way.

Anyone near Boston MA want one for free? The one that I caught is about 4" and is very active.

lemures-ex
08/31/2006, 04:56 PM
I live in Southern CA but I'd be happy to pay the shipping if you have access to oxygen and don't mind packing/shipping it.

musty baby
08/31/2006, 05:49 PM
...and if lemures-ex should decide against it, I have ample room for both and would also be willing to pay for overnight shipping, the shrimp, and your time.

TomDe
08/31/2006, 06:03 PM
I don't know about the O2. Would it or they be ok overnight? I was actually surprised how nice he/she looks on the bottom because it has some green or blue dots.

lemures-ex
08/31/2006, 06:08 PM
There is probably a fish store in your area with O2 that will fill a bag for you. Put about 1/4 water and the rest O2 and that should do well.

On second thought though I think I'll have to decline the offer so go ahead and give him to Ryan up there. Thanks anyhow!

musty baby
08/31/2006, 10:35 PM
I'd second lemures-ex regarding running it by a fish store before shipping it. I'd also bag them up separate and wrapped, wouldn't want them arriving [wherever it is they head] deceased or with holes punched in the bags. Also, if you should decide to ship them out to me, I'll pay for shipping a bigger container so as to accomodate more air/water. Let me know!

musty baby
08/31/2006, 10:37 PM
Oh, yes, there's also a nice stickied topic on shipping mantis shrimp in this very forum...

Qckwzrd
09/01/2006, 03:39 PM
if you dont mind driving to NYC I would take it...I'de pay for gas :)