PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got LR they wanna get rid of?

DeLiBoY
09/01/2006, 10:37 PM
I am looking for some LR for my tank and I figured I would see if anyone in the Y-town area had some they wanted to get rid of. looking to buy about 50 pounds and I am too lazy to go to Cleveland and I don't want to pay shipping from Premium Aquatics.

Also, anyone got any Mag pumps laying around they want to get rid of? Looking for a Mag 7 or a SEN 700.

STACKER
09/02/2006, 07:25 AM
I have some but it's only 10-15 lb. and smaller pieces. Right now Mark has spoken for it but I'll let you know next week if he decides he doesn't want it.

hookedonfish
09/02/2006, 07:33 AM
I have a few pcs of LR. One pc might be 3-4 lbs. and others 1-2 lbs. I also have a Mag 7. Just give me a call. I should be home most of the day. First day off in a long time. I live in Howland. 330-856-1996.

I haven't posted in a long time but always find time to read Stackers thoughts and bashings of the younger crowd. Aka: coralkiller

Stack, give me a call some time.

STACKER
09/02/2006, 08:36 AM
Hey Paul, will do.. We need to get together now that the summer hustle is slowing down. After this weekend things should quiet down.

Soomebody has to keep these kids in line! :)

DeLiBoY
09/02/2006, 10:48 PM
Stack-How much you want for you rock?

Paul-How much for yours and Mag 7?

Hopefully we can make a deal before I go to Rich's shop and come away broke again.

STACKER
09/03/2006, 07:49 AM
Well, I may not have any if Mark takes the 10-15 lb. I have. I'll let you know after Wed. I'll seel it cheap, maybe $3-4 lb. I have some new stuff that would be cheaper yet but it's only been in the fuge for a week and it's small pieces.

hookedonfish
09/03/2006, 08:10 AM
I still want you to go to Rich's and spend money....he has to pay the bills and put food on the table. Most of the pcs. I have left I would sell for $4.00lb. $40.00 for the Mag 7 which is almost new.

STACKER
09/04/2006, 07:38 AM
I need to get out and see Rich. I haven't even been on that side of town since March. Life really gets in the way of my fun.....

Reefer247
09/21/2006, 09:00 AM
i have around 150-200 lbs for sale 2bucks a lb.. been sitting in my 75 for a few months now lights are on only a few hours a day if that.. im going to be pulling the plug on the tank next week.. if its not sold i will just dry it all out.. i also have tons of equipment.

STACKER
09/26/2006, 10:05 AM
Mike, I talked to Ryan lastnight and we came up witha deal for you. you give us the LR, sand and stock to use in a large prop system and we'll keep it alive and thriving. In return we offer to return everything you donated after 1 year (barring a crash or natural disaster) at no charge. The plan is to grow-out and sell demand frags without a huge investment in the system. The sand and LR from your system will drastically shorten the lag period, your stuff won't go to pot, and you have the chance to reclaim it in the future if you decide to setup a new system. We'd ask that you agree to a 1 year min. and 2 year max. you don ask for the stuff back before 1 year and after 2 if we don't hear from you it's ours... Hows that sound?

Jamokie01
09/28/2006, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a trick ;)

STACKER
09/29/2006, 04:53 AM
Nope, same thing I did for Jamie. I'm an honest guy and don't want to see someone throw away viable stuff "just because". It happens every day in frustration. We've been talking about a prop system like Paul's for months and just need to get it going. We can't afford 100 lb. of new LR and I'd prefer not having to cure new stuff. We can circilate through a bunch oif dead stuff Ryan got free and be able to retuen the LR to Mike later. Ofcourse it comes at a minimal cost! Taking care of LR isn't free but sincve it's a benefit we just figure out a trade of stock or we get tp keep 25 lb. or whatever is agreeable. Jsut trying to help out by helping myself out... Win Win..

Jamokie01
09/29/2006, 11:41 PM
Oh, well I dont know anything about Pauls prop system, seeing as how I have yet to meet Paul and you all seem to be a bunch of antisocial ninnies :D

STACKER
09/30/2006, 09:55 AM
Ehem.... That's Sir Ninnie to you :) ...

hookedonfish
10/01/2006, 11:26 AM
Here's your formal invitation........I'll be home all day long foolin with my new corals from the frag swap. Jimmy and I went, it was pretty nice. We both picked up some nice Monti Caps, Zoos, Acans, Acro,Chalice and Blasto's. I think I have a small Birdsnest frag for Jamoke (free). Oh yea, Stacker you didn't win anything in the Raffle........Jimmy was witness to your tickets. LOL

STACKER
10/02/2006, 05:21 AM
LMFAO.... D'oh <Me pretending to be upset....> Well, I worked 11 hrs. Sat. so I made up for both of you screwing off! :)

Jamokie01
10/05/2006, 09:57 PM
You said the magic word Paul :D. Well Id like to formally accept my invitation as soon as life gives me a day to do the important tank things Ive been missing the past few months :/.

STACKER
10/07/2006, 07:32 AM
Jus tlet eme know when you have a free evening and I'll get in-touch with Paul. Hell, I haven't seen him for a couple months myself... what a bad friend!

Jamokie01
10/08/2006, 12:40 AM
Tuesday and Weds night this coming week are available and I havent made any plans yet, so if either of those days work for you guys, lets do something.

hookedonfish
10/08/2006, 04:44 PM
Wednesday is fine, anytime after 7:00.

STACKER
10/09/2006, 04:31 AM
Wed. after 7 sounds fine to me as of right now.

Jamokie01
10/11/2006, 11:54 PM
Sorry guys, really bad day, recieved some really bad news just before I called, I went the wrong way and got more frustrated than I already was. Then proceeded to swear at the idiots who were afraid to drive more than 10 miles an hour because water was falling from the sky (which is apparently just the neatest/most frightening thing ever), until I lost my voice. Perhaps another time :D. Dale sorry again for holding you up, I apologize.

Good news is I finally had time to do some much needed maintenance on the tank. If tangs could smile, my yellow would be ear to ear right now.

Bad news is, all 3 of my modded maxi's have a broken tab (part that holds sheath in place). I saw what was happening tonight. When they went in reverse, they kept hitting the tabs you installed on the sheaths to make them reverse themselves, this seems to be making them push the sheath forward until one of the tabs breaks. I also noticed that the anti-reverse tab in the sheath, does not get the motors to go back in reverse, in fact, if I dont immediatly start fiddling with them myself, they will stay in reverse. I also noticed that they start in reverse 100% of the time, which makes me wonder if reverse shouldnt be switched to not-reverse. I dunno, I havent messed with these things anywhere near as much as you, all I know is the anti-reverse tabs didnt cause the motors to switch back in the other direction, and they may actually be helping to cause tab breakage.

Is there any way we could just remove both tabs and make a U shaped piece that goes from one side, around the back to the other side, that holds the sheaths on? If possible it would be much much stronger. Just throwin the idea out there.

Anyways, sorry again guys, Ill be in touch.

STACKER
10/12/2006, 05:38 AM
That's why I tell people to run them 24/7 in forward. I can't improve on tje quality of material of technology in the MJ pump so I just did what I could for the mods. The anti-reverse tabs do work sometimes but do best under low pressure conditions. Again, the pumps don't like to be forced to run clockwise 100% of the time on restarts. Also, ther eis an inherent design flaw that causes even more damage in reverse as the prop support will simply grind thru the center brace. I have looked into and LR prop instead of a RH prop but then the clockwise start caused problems. It's a no win situation.

Get me the broken pumps and I'll come up with a repair for ya. That is if you can ever get out of Y-town.... LOLOL

Jamokie01
10/12/2006, 11:56 PM
I do run mine 24/7 forward. Occaisonally a snail will climb around on them and they seem to be sensitive to blockage through the ports in the sheath, and just switch into reverse. By no means am I criticizing your mods, they work very well and provide alot of plow in about every direction, and I dont know a damn thing about the pumps. I understand its a no win situation, but I cant help but try and find a solution even if there isnt one.

As for getting out of Y-town, Im working on it. Really it was just a bad day, I was rushing and didnt totally get what you told me but left thinking oh how hard could it be, not realizing I didnt have a clue in the world as to where Giant Eagle was. Im working on finding my way out of a paper bag right now, Ill keep you apprised as to how that goes.

STACKER
10/13/2006, 04:34 AM
Like i said yesterday, just get me the pumps and I'll see what I can do to lower your stress :)