PDA

View Full Version : how many shrimp?

DylanE
09/01/2006, 11:02 PM
i have a 24g aquapod, currently with a false perc., a royal gramma, and a firefish. i also have a scarlet cleaner shrimp in there. i want to get a little more nighttime activity and was wondering if it would be alright to throw i few more shrimp in. i know CBS are agressive but i was thinking maby one or two peppermint shrimp? also maby a goby/pistol shrimp pair. would that be possible?

petoonia
09/01/2006, 11:51 PM
Sounds like alot. They may become territorial, and fight. I have a 65g, and I recently added 2 peppermint shrimp, well my 2 cleaner shrimp were not happy. They killed the one peppermint shrimp in less than 24 hours. Now the survivng peppermint shrimp hides out all of the time it doesnt even come out at night.

Why dont you try an emerald crab, or a pair of porcelain crabs. They both tend to come out at night. The emerald crab will clean up any leftover food laying around the tank. The porcelain crab is a filter feeder, they look really cool when they are eating. Porcelain crabs are very peaceful they wont bother anything. These are alot smaller and wont add much to your bi load.

You could also try a serpent, or brittle seastar. These guys will usually hide out during the day.

I alway suggest thoroughly researching anything you want to add to your tank.

Be careful it is really easy to overload a smaller tank.

Good Luck!!!