PDA

View Full Version : WON heater rewire

Spuds725
09/03/2006, 07:01 PM
Has anyone ever bypassed the thermostat on a WON titanium heater and run it directly off of a heater controller??

I was just going to cut the wires going from the heater to the thermostat and wire them into a male plug and plug this into my controller...

Anybody see any problems with me doing this... just thought I'd ask if anyone has done this before.. my heater either died tonight or the thermostat is bad....

its one of these

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=WB1119

//edit//

Well I'm an idiot-- I thought my controller (that the heater was plugged into) was set at 78-- turns out it was at 77-- so the heater wasn't getting power unless the temp dropped below 77-- it hadn't been below 78 in ages so I thought thats what it was set at-- guess everything has been adding heat and my heater hadn't been on in several months.

Thanks anyway...

EdMiller
09/04/2006, 10:43 AM
I have a couple of Won heaters for my tank. One of them crapped out, the thermostat died but the element was fine. Since I just got my nice new Aquatronica controller, I no longer had the need for the thermostats on the heaters, so I cut them loose and just put a plug on the heater cord. They are cntrolled by the Aquatronica power bar now.

Spuds725
09/04/2006, 11:14 AM
Good to know and answers my question-- I've noticed some drift in the thermostat in the year I've had it.... might have to do tha eventually

I put my heater on a controller after my last heater decided to stick on

Thanks for the response...