PDA

View Full Version : Calcium reactor and birds for sale

rcmike
09/04/2006, 08:45 PM
I built this calcium reactor back when my tank was doing well and I really don't have much use for it now. The whole reactor thing was just a little more testing and monitoring than I wanted to do also. The chambers are 4" diameter and approx 20" tall so they hold plenty of media. It comes with a CO2 tank, azoo regulator (slight amount of rust on the gauges), bubble counter, and a milwaukee pH controller (needs a new probe though). The reactor also has a place to stick the probe so it can read the pH directly from the reactor. I would like $300 for the whole thing.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/9520calcium_reactor.jpg

I know this is off topic but we also have a few birds for sale. I figured there were several bird people in the club and would rather offer them to you guys first since we know you would take care of them. We hate to get rid of them but we just don't have the time to spend with them like we used to with the kids and all. We have two sun conures names Sunny and Skeeter for sale. We know Sunny is a female but we aren't sure of the other. They have shared the same cage for years and really like each others company. They need a little re-training since we haven't spent a lot of time with them lately like we should but they are good birds. Sunny doesn't like to be touched on the back but Skeeter will snuggle up to my wife. We would like $400 for the pair.

We also have an umbrella cockatoo named Dixie. She is pretty quiet most of the time but occasionally she gets loud. She likes to give birdy kisses also. She talks some but is very quiet when she does for some reason. We would like $350 for her.

Mikeyjer
09/04/2006, 10:11 PM
Hey Mike,

I've been wanting to get an umbrella cockatoo...Give me til the end of this month to decide. You don't have to hold it for me if you have an offer, but do keep me in mind. I'll be able to give him/or her a nice home with plenty of love and attention. It's the money part that's putting it aside. But by first of next month I should have some extra money to get it. Keep me posted!!!

KAiNE
09/05/2006, 08:39 AM
Hey Mike, Ill let my wife now about the Conures. From my point of view we simply dont have room at this point but my wife may feel otherwise.
How old are they?

thanks,
Chris

rcmike
09/06/2006, 07:50 PM
Chris, We got Sunny in 98 and she was less than a year then. We aren't sure on Skeeter but I think he is a couple of years older. When we got him I think he was 3 and we had had Sunny probably a year then. I'm not 100% sure though on him.

rcmike
09/07/2006, 06:09 PM
Dixie is sold.

KAiNE
09/08/2006, 07:15 AM
Hey Mike... sorry man but wife says "no more birds!"...LoL
We simply dont have any room. We have cats that for some strange reason really want to "play" with birds. This limits where we can house them.

If.... you still have them in say....... march or april. I should have our upstairs finnished by that time and we would probably be able to give them a home then.

rcmike
09/08/2006, 08:22 PM
I fully understand. I will keep you guys in mind if we still have them then. BTW, nice macaws in your avatar.