PDA

View Full Version : Anemone for 14G Biocube with Onyx Clowns?

Louisb
09/05/2006, 08:50 AM
I have a pair of Onyx Clowns in my 14G Biocube and was wondering if there is any type of anemone that will not outgrown that size tank.

Amphiprion
09/05/2006, 08:54 AM
Technically, there isn't one that won't potentially outgrow the tank. You may want to look at E. quadricolor, which (though there are plenty of notable exceptions) usually stays smaller than practically all the other species offered and is much easier to care for. How long has the tank been running?

Louisb
09/05/2006, 09:00 AM
I have had the tank running for a little over a month now. All of the water and live rock came from my 120 gal reef.

I have been in the hobby for about 6 years now and I do have a couple Anemones in my 120 gal reef, but I don't consider myself an expert on Anemones. So, if it just doesn't make sense to keep one in my 14g cube, then I just won't do it.

I could always see if my clowns would host a frogspawn, but ultimately would like to give them an anemone.

Amphiprion
09/05/2006, 09:28 AM
You can, but just be aware of the potential that it may fill up the entire tank. Would make a nice showpiece tank, though.