PDA

View Full Version : coralline algae colors

scubareef
09/05/2006, 05:38 PM
Over the past several months green coralline algae has started to grow on the glass, rockwork, and substrate. Tank has been running for over two years with pink, purple and burgundy colors growing predominantly. The green coralline is very hard to get of the glass, much harder than the pink/purple type. Is this type of coralline bad, does anyone have any suggestions. I am using 3 250w ushio bulbs, and 2 URI 72" act blue, on a 180 tank. Halides are almost a year old. If the spectrum of the bulbs are shifting would that be causing the growth of the green coralline, and a reduction of the pink/purple variety?

sir_dudeguy
09/05/2006, 05:57 PM
No its not bad...just another color. The bulbs getting old MAY be causing it...but i wouldnt think so. What are your calcium and mag? That may determine what color it is...but again, i'm not sure on that one.

But did you add any new rock or corals with little rocks attached to them? I added one with orane to one of my tanks and i now have orange sprouting up everywhere lol. maybe that happened to you?