PDA

View Full Version : EEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!i got a mean tilefish.

hlama
09/05/2006, 05:39 PM
yup you heard it, a mean tilefish. i have this so and so yellowhead tilefish (Hoplolatius starki). i have two in my tank. tank is 72X18X20. he is chasing everyone. stupid bully. the tankmates are
neon goby (Elacatinus oceanops) in for 2days
purple firefish (Nemateleotris decora) in for 20days
hector’s goby (Amblyeleotris hectori) in for 20days
rainford's goby (Amblygobius rainfordi) in for 20days
yellow watchman goby (Cryptocentrus cinctus)in for 60days
royal gramma (Gramma loreto)in for 20days
2-percula clowns (Amphiprion ocellaris)in for 60days

all these guy but the neon were in there before them. i just added the tilefish a couple days ago. they are all on the small side. the gramma is maybe a 1/2". the tilefish are 3-4". and its the small one that is being the

i have a regal tang (Paracanthurus hepatus) and a canary blenny (Meiacanthus oualanensis) in a hyposalinity QT. been there for 28days. also a orange back fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis) in a 5yr old 20gal reef i use for needed feeders as a QT. i soooo sooo much want to add them now. the tang mainly. just to :fun2: the tilefish one good time. make him timid like he is supposed to be:rolleye1:. i still can not believe this one, not both, is so mean. :furious: he even goes after the neon goby. the only fishes he doesnt go after his the other tilefsh and the firefish. EEERRRRR he is really going after everyone. just today he started to do this. before everone got along. well before being the last three days. it start right after i did a water change. :mad2: i think i am going to add them and just do some extra water changes for the next month or so. ok, i vented enough.

someone please talk me out of it or into it. i got the feeling if i watch the tank anymore this might happen today. this guy is really ticking me off. the other is so dosile. but this guy EEERRRR