PDA

View Full Version : rics and acros. on the same rock?

goda
09/05/2006, 08:16 PM
well i just fraged an acro and glue it to a rock. set it in tank then remembered.. i just put a ric on that rock this morning ( it was closed up but once it was back in tnak i saw it)

will these two be ok together ( 1/2 inch or less)

if it works out i may start doing this on purpus. ( may be able to fatch a lil better $)

would post this in coral prop area but lets face it.. its pretty dead there

143gadgets
09/05/2006, 09:03 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! Separate them! I tried this and the ric caused the acro to STN. I tried fragging the acro over and over with no luck. Went from a 6" colony to two 1" frags. :(

goda
09/05/2006, 09:06 PM
well considering the ric is nicer then the acro :P i think ill just see what happens and expect the acro to die ( its on there pretty well and its a tiny piece.. 1/2 inch

how did the ric cause it to stn
as long as htey dont touch will they be ok?

143gadgets
09/05/2006, 09:19 PM
Not sure if it was from touching or chemical, but the acro lost.

goda
09/05/2006, 09:24 PM
well the chemical warfare will be the same if they are next to eacchotehr or if they are on opposit ends of the tank. ( high flow area. no way will the chemicals stick around in the same palce for long :P

are you sure the acro wasnt going to STN by it self? did the ric really have anything to do with it?

if this does work out im sure i could get 30 bucks or so from the lfs ( more if i sold it directly... which i dont like to do)

^^ btw was super glueing in my lap using the liquid glue ( not gel) stood up to find my pants were superglued to my legs LMAO ( rush jobs always end up bad lmao)