PDA

View Full Version : my carpet

FallenElement
09/05/2006, 11:41 PM
Ok here is the deal, about a week or more ago i bought a carpet anemone and all was fine till last night. it was eating about 2-3 times and was fully open. bnut then when i peared into the tank last night, one side of it was all shriveled up, and the other side looked like it was closing itself off. but then when i looked at it tonight *have school all day so first chance to see it* the whole thing was schriveled up. when it was fully layed out it was about 6+ inches and now its only about 1.5 or so across. just wondering if this was normal for an anemone gettting use to a new tank. thanks for the help.
Nick

latinbeachboy10
09/06/2006, 12:09 AM
how did you acclimate it?
offten if the anemone isn't acclimated properly to the salinity in the tank water, it will be damaged internally... signs may take a week or two to show up after this happens... if you start to see the mouth open and stringy white tissue, then unfortunately it might not make it.

FallenElement
09/06/2006, 12:16 AM
the mouth has been open before but it wouild always be closed tight and fully ex[panded when i looked at it next. but right now when i look at it yes it is open and white tissue is puffed out from in it.

FallenElement
09/06/2006, 06:58 AM
could it possibly be that it wasnt getting enough food. because i just fed it some peices of silverside and now it is kinda opening up more.

FallenElement
09/06/2006, 11:29 AM
Well I have found my problem. I guess i was not feeding it enough food. Today i fed it about 7 inches worth of silversides and it is now looking healthy like it was when i first bought it. thanks alot for the help latinbeachboy. I was scared when you said that it wouldnt make it but im good now. Im going to still keep an eye on it though just to make sure.
Nick

n2prelude03
09/06/2006, 02:59 PM
Same thing happened to me, it is normal if you just put it in for the first week. after ther that it should be teh same size and somtime shriveled up, not on a daily basis.

FallenElement
09/07/2006, 12:18 AM
cool, cool. it nice noing that im not the only one that had this happen to them. so he was fully open today and i measured him at about 10-11 inches across. he looks beautiful if i do say so myself *would post a pic but lost the camera cord to transfer pics lol*