PDA

View Full Version : Concerns for hairlike scrape on glass?!

jcoat
09/06/2006, 08:07 AM
I have recently noticed a long hair-thin scrape (probably from moving large rock around and hitting the glass) on the front glass of my tank. There are a few spots where it looks like the glass was chipped (tiny tiny chips) in a few spots on the scrape. I am concerned if this can worsen due to the pressure in the tank. Should i consider getting a new tank or will the glass be fine?! I would appreciate any help, i certainly can not afford to come home to that horrible catastrophe! :(

dixonba
09/06/2006, 08:13 AM
Take a picture and post it. If there is a chip out of the glass...I would be very concerned. Sounds like the glass is scored. Scratches are one thing and chips missing are another.

I'm not sure how bad a score is in the aquarium scene (no experience), but my engineering sense says BAD!

Sk8r
09/06/2006, 08:15 AM
How thick is your glass? Half inch? 1/4 inch?

jcoat
09/06/2006, 12:16 PM
I have tried taking numerous pictures however they dont show up. it is so fine that it cant really be seen with the camera. the "knicks on the scratch" dont seem like chips of glass but rather a larther scrape where a rock scraped falling down or something. I am just really concerned and not sure what to do?! the glass is 1/4 inch thick

drummereef
09/06/2006, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a scratch to me. No big deal - just cosmetic.

theatrus
09/06/2006, 02:33 PM
If its just an abrasion its not that big a deal.