PDA

View Full Version : Recycled SPS Branches

alde
09/06/2006, 01:56 PM
I have a bunch of dried SPS Branches from fast growing Acros that I have trimmed off. They have been rinsed clean and have no flesh left on them. Does anybody crush these and run them through their Ca Reactor?

MCary
09/06/2006, 01:58 PM
Give it a try. Can't hurt.

grochmal
09/07/2006, 01:27 PM
Why don't you trade or giveaway these frags to other local reefers instead of grinding them up?
Some LFS will even give store credit for them.
Just seems like a waste to me.

MCary
09/07/2006, 01:32 PM
That's true. Your missing an opportunity by not having a prop tank.

alde
09/07/2006, 02:04 PM
The LFS will only take so many and they grow so fast with the Ca Reactor. I broke up the dried ones I had and put them in the reactor last night. Next time I will post for free frags as long as they are picked up.

grochmal
09/07/2006, 02:11 PM
Man, I wish I had that problem :D

cwegescheide
09/07/2006, 02:15 PM
What kind of corals are you fragging? Just curious. If I were you I would sell them at a cheap price and by the time you sell a few you will have enough money for a bucket of salt or something. Of course if you have reefers near you. Occaisionally I sell corals on here and I will admit it can be a hassle. Its a pain to bag them up and pack them and take em to your local shipping store. Then it never fails that the shipping price you quote is not exactly what you have to pay (normally you are the one that has to pay more, its happen to me more than I'd like thats for sure) then if you have local people that want to come by then they don't come when they say they will and then you will end up waisting your whole day waiting to sell a 10 dollar frag.. On second thought I'm putting them in my Ca reactor!! LOL Actually dead corals are a great media for a reactor. As a matter of a fact that is exactly what the Schuran media is. Dead coral skeletons.

alde
09/07/2006, 03:02 PM
The ones the really grow fast are the blue tip acros. The have foot long branches on them. I had to break some branches off to clean my front glass the other day. It really is a hassle to sell them. I would rather give them away locally.

Slickdonkey
09/07/2006, 03:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8098164#post8098164 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by alde
It really is a hassle to sell them. I would rather give them away locally.

True. Unfortunately whenever I advertise things to give away there are all kinds of people who say they'll come over to get it and never do. I guess they just don't feel they have anything invested when it's "free".