PDA

View Full Version : Microbubble/Sponge/skimmer issue

BHF
09/06/2006, 05:48 PM
Okay gang, my 90 gal is running strong, but I was having a serious clouding issue. At first I believed it was dust, but on much closer examination, I realize that it is just a whole mess load of bubbles. Obviously, I want to correct this ASAP. I've checked all my connections, and I don't seem to have any air leaks, so I'm assuming that it is turbulence in the sump that is causing the problem. The plan is to get a sponge to correct this. Over at wetweb they reccomend "open cell polyurethane foam" sponges, and to place them under the return drain. Fair enough.

Now where the hell do I get this? Is it something I'm going to find at Lowes?

I've also had to deal with the fact that my skimmer (ASM G1-X) isn't collecting a whole lot (even though I placed 50lbs of TBS rock in it iver 24 hours ago), and although I'm getting a LOT of foam, the cup is collecting with water, and the foam is running over. Been happening for a week now. I've played with the pipe settings, and currently have it set dead even with the sponge around it with no change. Is it a stretch to assume that the turbulence issue may be wreaking havoc with my skimmer as well?

BHF
09/07/2006, 06:38 AM
Anyone?