PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Color Blenny vs. Clown Fish

Mchllmarsh
09/06/2006, 09:50 PM
Is is possible for my Blenny to be slowly eating both if my clown fish?! It happens at night. I'll wake up and look at my clowns and one will have a missing tail, or a fin will be ripped. I cant tell if maybe hes hungry or gets ****ed at the percs. I've stayed up a couple nights in a row trying to figure out what it could be... I havent seen anything yet. It probably happens about every other week... the baby perc seems to get beaten up a bit more often.

All I have are some hermit crabs... I've been on the hunt for anything that could be the problem. Both of my percs sleep in a torch. I'v e had the tank for about a year, and all the rock came out of my 30gal tank when i down sized.

This all started happening about 4-5 months ago. My baby perc got it good this last time. I looks like something bit down on the top of his body ( It looked like a bruise) and the whole top fin was gone. Before that His under fins were ripped off.

Two to three wekks ago I woke up and my aduly perc had half of his tail fin ripped off, and a few days ago he got the center of his left side fin ripped out.

Something is going after only my clowns... Nothing has gotten the blenny and he sleeps on the sand.

Before I take out my blenny I just want to make sure that its actually the fish doing the damage...

Any ideas?

TIA

sir_dudeguy
09/06/2006, 10:27 PM
wait...how many clowns do you have in that tank? (and how many fish total? and is it just your 10?)

Mchllmarsh
09/06/2006, 10:38 PM
Sorry, I think I got carried away when I was writing that... :) I have 2 percs and a bi color blenny. Yep its just my 10gal...

gfk
09/06/2006, 10:54 PM
my bi color was best friends with my clowns.... before he committed suicide by jumping onto my carpet lol

sir_dudeguy
09/06/2006, 11:23 PM
maybe the 2 clowns are inflicting it upon themselves? maybe you got 2 females?

Mchllmarsh
09/06/2006, 11:48 PM
I honestly dont think that it's the clowns... The baby is too small to inflict the wounds that are on the adult clown. Its gotta be either the blenny or a crab. If it's a crab... I am not sure at all what kind of crab I'm supposed to be looking for.