PDA

View Full Version : everything in our house just got fried!!!!

MAthU
09/07/2006, 02:01 PM
wellthe electricity people were here to change our transformer ( it exploded earlyer on in the day. we were like W T F.. and it exploded again when the hydro people put the new one on. so everything in our house..pumps ex BLEW!!!?i have alot of fish and tanks in the basement, and now the GFI? will not turn on, and i dont know if my pumps down there are fine.. my pump up stairs rumming my tank with ALL 10 of my clams from 4" -14" and my GIANT mertins carpet, which is worth more than all my equipment put together.. that pump went and caught on fire, now i doono about those. but the clam still reacts when i touched it it spat water at me, i hope there all fine.

our jacozii? bath tub pump was ON FIRE!!, and it was smoking and running like crazy it would not turn off, so i had to shut down the braker.
oh this sucks, i have no power in the basement to where ALL of my fish are that like 500 fishes. and i have noidea if my pumps are fried!

help

theatrus
09/07/2006, 02:25 PM
From the sound of it most of your electrical equipment has been hit by a huge voltage spike basically trashing all of it. You may need to replace the breaker, GFCI outlets, etc as well.

I hope the power company is taking responsibility for that...

bubbaOPPD
09/07/2006, 02:33 PM
You use Bruce Power up there in Canada?

Waxxiemann
09/07/2006, 02:37 PM
it's Hydro elecrtic provided by the province.

This happened to my neighbor and he got reimburssed through house insurance. He had to pay the deductible.

Sk8r
09/07/2006, 02:40 PM
Check your homeowners' policy and check your tv, phones, and other electrical equipment, not to mention kitchen microwaves, oven timers, and automatic coffee makers.

MAthU
09/07/2006, 04:03 PM
hey, thanks for replying.

everything in the basement seems ok, but i smell a burning..? were getting an electriction come check everything out.

our brand new digital firdge works but all the electric parts do not, the key board thing dosent work so we canot see if its at the right temp, and the alarm on it dosent work..soo

the company is HYDRO ONE, they always over charge us and they are very unreliable.

off topic.. but does any one here have one of those windmill thigs to run there power, were looking into that.. they just put up 66? of these HUGE ones in Erie it was $186 mill.

well they need to replace my hammerhead 6800gph pump, it was 4 months old.. and one of my sedra 900's and a sieo 1500.. i havent checked my halides yet,
every thing else seems to be Ok.. the hydro company still has not said anything to us yet..

thanks for the replys!

matt