PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I'm Wireless (Neptune 3)

MCary
09/07/2006, 08:02 PM
I bought a game adapter (cheap wireless access point) and plugged my Neptune 3 into it. It worked! I can now control my system from my home computer or anywhere in the world via the internet and I didn't have to run cables or move my computer.

Mike

LBCBJ
09/07/2006, 08:11 PM
Sweet! I'm looking into getting one for the same reason

Nano Chris
09/07/2006, 11:18 PM
Something like this?
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115416826619&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

I have a wireless router, but i dont have the neptune yet, i hope to get it in the near future.

MCary
09/08/2006, 09:16 AM
Sure, should work. I already had a Netgear wireless hub. I bought a Buffalo wireless access point, similiar to the product you've shown, at Best Buy. The instructions and the setup program connected me to the Netgear in about 10 minutes. Then all you need to know is the IP address of your Neptune and Voila your set. Easy breezy, lemon squeezie!

However, to use the aquanotes you have to buy the upgrade, the free version can only be configured to the serial cable. Unless one of you computer genius's know something I don't.

Mike