PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic 180 stand- Question

pewter_jean
09/07/2006, 08:30 PM
Well it seems no matter how well you think you prepare, you're gonna forget something. As with the case here. But I think I found a reprive. (hopefully) :hmm2:
After setting my 180 up I realize that I am going to have to put my XP3 under there to run filtration. the flow in the sump seems to be just to much, I can't get it to stay, unless I pile rock on it. Then the flow is slowed down way to much. But it was my first time ever setting up a sump. so Live and Learn. And with a 180 it is not like I can just empty it over the weekend and redo things. It has to stay. But this is where I have my question.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/mandarin_watcher/Image001.jpg

On my Oceanic stand I noticed tonight that the (door stop) is screwed in. That means I can take it out. My first thought was this is a support for the tank. So I can not take it out. But after looking at it, I am not so sure. I will post a pic. Where the white arrows are, that is the piece I am think about removing. There are screws behind this piece, I am thinking oceanic did this so you can leave them in or take them out if you want. Because if you look at the piece that it screws into, it sit on top of two other pieces that do support that (red arrows). Just want to make sure before I pull them out this weekend. Don't want a 180 gallons crashing down on me.

WDLV
09/08/2006, 08:39 AM
I would go ahead and remove it, remove/replace whatever you need to do and put it back promptly.

pewter_jean
09/08/2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks, That is what I was thinking.