PDA

View Full Version : Yasha Hasa Goby (or however you spell it)

akopley
09/07/2006, 09:47 PM
I just got one of these sweet fish but i haven't seen him since i put him in. Is he hiding or did he bite it?

Sk8r
09/07/2006, 09:52 PM
The highfins of all sorts are shrimp gobies: they live in burrows, and will hide in crevices. They're brightly colored, vulnerable little fish and won't come out if they think there might be danger. Just be patient and quiet around your tank, and try some cyclopeeze: this is goby manna.

akopley
09/07/2006, 09:59 PM
I forgot to mention that he got himself stuck in the overflow when i first put him in for a good couple of mintues. he swam away quickly when i got him out between the slits.

akopley
09/07/2006, 09:59 PM
I forgot to mention that he got himself stuck in the overflow when i first put him in for a good couple of mintues. he swam away quickly when i got him out between the slits.

Sk8r
09/07/2006, 10:28 PM
That's not good. Get some plastic mesh---the stuff is called plastic canvas and they sell it in the needlecraft area of a craft store. Ask the clerk: sometimes they hide it. It bends easily, cuts with scissors and glues with superglue. You can use it to screen intakes of all sorts without risking nitrate buildup.

If 3-4 days of cyclopeeze doesn't get him to show himself, [they can sand-sift and feed themselves off that] take a look in the overflow or sump.

akopley
09/07/2006, 11:24 PM
will do...thanks