PDA

View Full Version : Question about something on my clowns.

xlayedoutx
09/07/2006, 11:25 PM
Well today I came home and was checking out the tank when I noticed both my clowns face's looked weird. The only way I can describe it is their faces looked sunburned and the skin was peeling off a little. Around their mouths is where I noticed most of it. The orange around there mouth is a little lighter in color I noticed. It almost looked like they went through a spider web and had some of the web hanging off around their face. Does this sound normal or is it something I should be worried about. They are both captive bred percs.

affan
09/08/2006, 01:12 AM
Sounds like Brooklynella Hostillis if it looks something like this:

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/files/13001_1070717765.jpg

If so, it's a common disease among Clownfish, also known as Clownfish disease. Could be fatal. Do a search on this disease, many curing options are available including copper and formalin based medications.

xlayedoutx
09/08/2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to see in that picture though. The only thing I notice about the picture is that the clowns lips look a different color. I tried to get a picture last night but they wouldn't stay still long enough.

Have you ever seen a cat go through a spider web? They get some of the web on their face and spend the rest of the day trying to get it off. Thats what my clowns look like. No change in their behavior or eating habits. Still the pigs they were before. Very energetic and always in their RBTA's.

This may sound bad but if a fish of mine was sick I'd like it to act sick and look sick so that I know I should take it out rather then bothering it for nothing. I like to just put my stuff in my tank and let it go and what ever happens happens. I try not to disturb anything as much as I can. No added stress to anything. I mean when my tang gets ICH I can see it but it doesn't ever bother him and he just acts like its never there. I read that with brook some of the symptoms are that they stop eating and stop being as energetic but these are still acting normal.