PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing puzzle? Just another CAD drawing

sugarbaker
09/08/2006, 01:14 AM
Here is the most recent update of my stand "blueprint". I know it's not terribly helpful, but I like sharing it. I pretty much know how all the plumbing will go together, but I don't think it's terribly obvious yet. The problem I'm running into is trying to fit everthing in the space of the cabnet (which I'm building, but am restricted by objects in the room and an anal retentive design mentality). Light blue (cyan) = 1" drain and Orange = return and fuge loop.

The input for the fuge will actually come from a T off the main display's drain line (hopefully controlled by ball valve... possibly a three way valve) and then it will empty back into the display line in the sump.

The pump will sit on the bottom of the cabnet next to the sump and will return to the main display (via orange bulkheads), but will have a line back to the 1" drain side with a ball valve to control the flow through the main display. I will probably increase the size of the drain at the point that it reaches the sump so it does not get backed up by the combination of display+fuge+extra pump.

Can you see my vision? As always, comments are welcome.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/ssugarba/75gallonplumbing.jpg