PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with my RBTA?

Black Mammoth
09/08/2006, 02:07 PM
My RBTA has grown a lot since I got it 2 or 3 months ago. It has been doing great! I feed it SilverSides every other day or so. His tentacles are long and bulbed. He looks great and healthy.....

However, today I noticed that one of his tentacles fell off. It was floating around in the tank. It was still inflated as well! I thought I had seen this happen once before, but I wasn't sure. Today, I saw it floating around. I looked closer at him and he had 1 or 2 other tentacles that look like they were going to break half way down. Kind of like a softie (ie Kenya Tree) fragging itself.

Is this normal? Is there something wrong with it?

Thanks

Clarkii Clowns
09/08/2006, 02:38 PM
Do you have any clowns in the anemone ?

It is quite common for clowns to suckle and pull the tentacles off, if the anemone looks healthy and shows no signs of stress then I dont believe there is anything to worry about.

Black Mammoth
09/08/2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my clowns don't go near it. They are false percs farm-bred and have no idea what it is. I would like them to host in it, but I don't think they every will....sigh

Anyway, it doesn't look like anything is doing this to the anenome. It appears to be doing this on it's own. Since I got the anenome it has grown 3x to 4x the size I got it! I'm actually getting concerned that I might have to get rid of it because it is growing so much.

Do you think this is normal?

TKByrnes
09/08/2006, 09:10 PM
I have a pink tip hation that lost all of its tentacles and was just a stem and mouth for about 3 months. it is finally getting its tentacles back but its UGLY!!