PDA

View Full Version : envy orange question (lighting)

greystreet41
09/10/2006, 06:54 PM
hi, picked up a rock of palys at the LFS last week after it came off the truck a day before. The palys looked kinda "peach" colored...I even posted a pic here. I've been out of town a few days and came to back to find them much more "orangy" even very closely resembling the overpriced envy oranges...I have them under stock PCs in a nano cube 24. Just wondering what might be going on with the coloration...I'll get a pic in a bit to compare from last week to this week...
thanks,
grey

iCam
09/13/2006, 07:41 PM
The change in lighting could make them appear differently, or their actual coloration might have actually changed due to the change in lighting.

Other factors such as change in water chemistry between tanks, et cetera, could also have caused some shift in color.

It seems to be just as much a trend for members to shoot eachother down, and nitpick every little detail trying to prove what another member has isn't the "real thing", but remember that as long as you like them, who the hell cares :)

Reef Junkie
09/13/2006, 08:45 PM
Bleaching?:confused:
Got a pic?;)

Juan-Carlos
09/13/2006, 08:48 PM
Envy oranges will grow in low light and in very high light. They are solid pumpkin orange with the green slit mouth. If they are Envy Oranges, Mine like moderate flow.
I saw your previous thread with the picture of the plug you bought at the LFS as RPE's If this is the same one you are talking about, they are RPE's... if you want to keep the orangey color on RPE's Blast them with light.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to e-mail me.

-Jc