PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Logic Cyclone

paulhines
09/12/2006, 04:44 PM
Is there any advantage to the standard Aqualogic cyclone chiller verses the trimline model except size. Is one louder? Are there any maintenence or durability considerations?

Is everyone happy with their Cyclone chiller?

Thanks

gman19
09/13/2006, 03:08 PM
I have a 1/5HP cyclone with titanium coil drop in probe.

I purchased it 10 years ago and it has kept my tank running at 77F year after year. I vacuum out the fins in front of the fan once a year. I have never had to recharge it or anything.

I have been extremely satisfied with it. Can't comment on the trimline version as it wasn't even around when I bought mine.

paulhines
09/13/2006, 06:41 PM
Awesome! I ordered my 1/4 hp trimline cyclone. Can't wait to crank up the time on my metal halide and then install the other.

Thanks

mattls
09/13/2006, 07:59 PM
The are exactly the same except for shape and the nice stainless steel casing. I have the old delta style dropin 1/5 HP onmy 120 G and love it. It works awsome Aqualogoc chillers are the tops out there. I bought the trimline cyclone 1/5 to replace becasue I had waanted to go inline and noticed a huge difference between the drop in version to inline version. THe drop in works so much better than the inline at the same HP. I am going to use the trimline on a smaller tank I will be seting up soon (58G). Great chillers you will be happy as long as you get correct HP.