PDA

View Full Version : You eat everything else why not this?

Turf
09/12/2006, 06:46 PM
I have a peacock that is about 4.5" and will as many know eat anything. I have normally put in snails as I can get them for 10 cents a peace and he eat them all but not bumble bee snails. He ignores them outright.

Is this personality or is there more to it... I know it's not the shell density.

mickey85
09/13/2006, 06:33 AM
Mantis shrimp are picky at times. Mine would only eat blue leg hermits, and wouldn't touch any snails or red legs. Only when his room mate the sponge crab made him mad did he take that guy out (by mad, I mean that the crab would never leave the mantis' hole alone)

Turf
09/13/2006, 05:20 PM
good to know

pinobutter
09/14/2006, 03:18 AM
my peacock wouldnt eat those either and neither will my wennerae that i have now and come to think of it the hermit crabs i have in my other tanks wont eat the bumble bee snails i have there either wonder if they are toxic or somthing

latazyo
09/14/2006, 04:43 AM
I also dont know for certain, but every single other case in nature where an animal has yellow and black it means "dont eat me"

30mini
09/14/2006, 07:24 AM
I have a bumblebee snail in my peacock tank, and he doesn't even look twice at it! He will eat anything else that goes in there though!

Uriel
09/14/2006, 03:05 PM
My peacock (Hydra) wouldn't eat ANY snails for the first 5 months that I have had him,. He just recently started eating them. Some animals are jus picky about what they will eat.It shows that they have personality (Like my bratty cats...).

-Uriel