PDA

View Full Version : Wave Box Question

ostrow
09/12/2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Roger:

I'm pondering the plunge to a wavebox. Not sure it'll work in my setup. Thoughts?

It's a 5x2x2 tank. I have a cave structure of rock on the right with SPS all over it. I have a cave structure on the left with softies all over that. GAp in middle is "clam alley".

I am assuming box only makes sense on the right side glass, near the SPS. Rockwork though would be about 5" from the output of the box. And it's a circle of tonga branch rock there with SPS all over. Too close/too rough?

I could put it on the other side, but softies there makes no sense right? On that side I could put it on the side near the front glass so wave would go across tank but never encounter rock direct from output. Too far from the SPS?

You get the issue I have, no? Pics from a while ago with fewer corals but you get the idea of the structure of the aquascaping which hasn't changed:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/16612full_tank_shot.jpg

Thanks for the advice...

ostrow
09/12/2006, 06:51 PM
Looking at the pic, the aquascaping has changed! I've added 30% more rock probably, but all at the back and a bit on top. Left to right and from the front it's the same. I worry that the middle of the right side glass is too close to that rock. If on the right it has to be center-back.

ON the left side I could have it aligned all the way to the front glass. Would that make any sense though and would it benefit the sps all the way on the other side?

Douglas LEHMAN
09/12/2006, 10:20 PM
Hello ostrow
Nice canopy, do those door open? Sharp...

ostrow
09/13/2006, 08:11 AM
Yeah they open, but the wood has warped and the hinges creak and, well, basically it is falling apart (thanks for installing the doors, Doug!)

ostrow
09/14/2006, 01:38 PM
bump ... Roger?

rvitko
09/18/2006, 10:32 AM
Sorry Joel,

The server was on the fritz when I replied and I guess it didn't post. To install it you will want one 6080.50 magnet holder and a pack of 3060.44 suction cups, this is for install with the canopy.

The wavebox could go on either side the flow is quite even throughout the tank so so long as the outlet isn't obstructed the rest is not too important.

ostrow
09/18/2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks!!!