PDA

View Full Version : My new water change tank

reefkoi
09/12/2006, 10:01 PM
I have finally put together a system to never use hoses, buckets or trash cans for a water change. I picked up a plastic 100 gallon tank and plumbed it with 1.5" pvc. The bottom gravity feeds a hammerhead pump (I know but it was all i had lying around:smokin: ) Then the tube going up the side and into the top of the tank drops down approx half way into the tank. This way it mixes and if you only do around 50 gallons it aerates the hell out of the water, so far it mixes all the salt in a matter of a minute or less with no stirring. The ball valve on that upright pipe is shut and another that ties into the main return is opened and in about 1 second 1 gallon is pumped back to the aquarium. I also have another valve right next to it that pushes water from the sump into my sewer system. It all works great and I wish I had done it a long time ago. If you come to the Oct. meeting I'll be happy to show how it works exactly!http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/reefkoi/100gallontank.jpg

calvin415
09/13/2006, 08:23 AM
Sweet job bro! Can't wait to see your setup!!!

murfman
09/13/2006, 05:31 PM
nice, where did you get the tank?

reefkoi
09/13/2006, 09:46 PM
Got it at Neptunes in Denver, I dont think they have anymore unless they did another order, I bought the last one.
Chris

radone
10/31/2006, 08:17 PM
What are the dimensions on the tank?

Looks good, and I bet your water changes take about 2.3sec with that pump HE HE

reefkoi
10/31/2006, 08:18 PM
the tank is 5 feet tall and about 20" in dia. yeah changes water quick about a gallon per second