PDA

View Full Version : Remora w/ Ozone

Paliya
09/13/2006, 10:15 AM
Hey all,

I was wondering how someone could run an AquaC remora HOB skimmer with an ozone generator such as the enaly 300U http://www.enaly.com/OZX-300U.htm

I emailed the people at AquaC and the response I got was that running ozone through the skimmer is not recommended because there is no practical way of preventing the ozone from entering the tank. If this is the only reason that it is 'not recommended' then I'm going to try to do it anyway (in the name of science!). The email also mentioned that Remora's CAN be used in a system that uses ozone... which leads me to belive the ozone won't erode any of the Remora's parts.

Anyway, how would I do this? I own a CSS 65, and know that I would just plug the ozone tube in to the venturi on that... but since the remora uses the spray injection method, where could I stick the ozone tube?

Any ideas would be appreciated. And before anyone asks, yes I did a search on 'remora ozone' and got 3 irrelevant results. So if anyone has a thread where people are using remora + ozone, hook me up with the link!

Thanks,
-P

Ti
09/13/2006, 11:39 AM
Drill a hole on the skimmer where it will have contact with the water and fit a john guest if u can.
If you can't then silicone the tube onto the skimmer and put carbon where the water comes out.