PDA

View Full Version : Bi-color Blenny in a Seahorse Tank

Bemmer
09/13/2006, 01:50 PM
I currently have a Bicolor blenny in my "soon to be" (no seahorses yet) seahorse tank. I had read that the Bicolor was a good blenny for a seahorse tank. But recently I was told otherwise, sooo I thought I would check on the boards to see what is true. Are bicolors aggressive blennies? Will they pick on the seahorses? I would rather remove him and put him in the main tank before the seahorses are added.

TIA

snowlancer2720
09/13/2006, 03:22 PM
IMO I think that it would be just fine because it is a pretty peacefulfish...although there are some out there that are the runts of the group and can be aggressive against others, I would put the horses in with it and if it bothers them, then take it out, but it should be fine. good luck with it

Bemmer
09/13/2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks, snow. Anyone else have any experience with this or opinions to offer.

Jordan55
09/13/2006, 06:35 PM
I had one in my 12 gallon and didn't both my clowns.

Came out, grabbed some food, went back to his perch.

redhorse
09/18/2006, 04:56 PM
I had a bi colored blenny that loved to pic at my horses, he had to gooooooooo. Good luck, just remember if something pecks at your horse you will be dealing with injury issues and medicating a seahorse to recovery is very difficult. GOOD LUCK from CA

rocko918
09/19/2006, 07:19 AM
I mention to Rebecca that Bi-color blennies are some what agressive. I had a 2 spot blennie in with my horses and it would pick on them every once and a while. In turn the SH's would get annoyed and not eat at the feeding dish. I would not recommend one just in my experience.

HTH