PDA

View Full Version : Sun polyps on last leg?

Ryanqk
09/13/2006, 09:49 PM
I got these sun polyps a while ago but they have just gone downhill and after months they just look like crap now, is there any hope? or should i remove the colony before they foul the water? I've tried feeding in a bowl and spot feeding which they like but being unattached meant the'd fall off the rocks all the time, which i think was why they went downhill...., so i epoxed the colony in a shady spot
Kinda sad as they were my favorite piece for a long time.

pics at : http://ryanreef.blogspot.com/

Any suggestions?
Ryan

Bcollins111900
09/13/2006, 10:11 PM
Going downhill and quickly. If they are excepting foos keep feeding them but it does not look good.

ek9vboi
09/13/2006, 11:07 PM
Looks like its a goner. If you toss it, give it to me... let me see what I can do for it. Send me a PM with what your going to do with it. Buy more Xenia so I can go out towards you! lol

Ryanqk
09/13/2006, 11:48 PM
Its still feeding at night but not as many are coming out as when i got it 7 or so months ago. Eric i think you may be the best bet for it...

tuberider
09/14/2006, 09:18 AM
Target feed it everyday, mysis, cyclops, formula one, etc. If you need to cut the top off of a plastic soda bottle and use that to keep the food from flying all over the place that helps, it also keeps fish and especially hermits away from the polyps. BTW, I have witnessed hermits reaching into my sun polyps to pull food out of thier tummys, perhaps there are some of those little jerks in there. I have a rescued sun polyp colony brought back from a more miserable state than what I see in the pic.

Ryanqk
09/24/2006, 04:22 AM
Eric rescued it from my tank the other day and gave me a nice piece of xenia (he has very nice xenia) Good luck eric im sure you can bring it back!