PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon III question

hyeteck
09/13/2006, 11:02 PM
i just got my Typhoon III but UPS thought it would be a great idea to play soccer with the box and so i have a couple chiped and broken fittings. I really want to get this thing up and running so i want to know if it is necessary to use a ball valve for the incoming water to the typhoon?

if i ever need to turn the water off i can just turn off the main water knob under the sink.

Ruu
09/13/2006, 11:26 PM
Should be OK - a lot of people run into storage tanks with the input on all the time, and some brave people connect directly to an auto-topoff system. As long as the auto shutoff valve is OK, not running a valve to the input (which you can pick up at the Home Despot by the way) should be no big deal.

Dave

hyeteck
09/14/2006, 02:09 AM
damn, i made a boo boo.

i piereced the supply line a little too much i guess...its leaking very bad no matter how much i tighten the bolt on the bottom.

hmm...what can i do now?

JR719
09/14/2006, 02:19 AM
If it is the copper supply line you punched the hole in, the rubber gasket around the clamp part should seal. Shut down your water, check the rubber gasket for tears or wrinkles, and place back on your pipe clamp. Extend the piercing needle and make sure it is lined up with the hole in the pipe. Using your fingers, tighten each nut equally. Then, use a wrench and give a couple turns to one, then the other nut. then unscrew the piercing needle and hopefully, no leak.

Is that what you were looking for?

hyeteck
09/14/2006, 02:26 AM
i tried that; the rubber seal looks fine.

I only have 1 bolt not 2 bolts on each side. Its just one bold in the center. The 2 bolt adapter is for the drain.

i guess i'll go try again and see what happens.

thanks for the help