PDA

View Full Version : CPR BakPak 2R or Red Sea Prizm hanging off sump??

xunkn0vvnx
09/14/2006, 01:45 AM
I am looking to purchase either the CPR BakPak 2R or Red Sea Prizm skimmers and was wondering if I can hang either one off of the sump?

DO I need to buy an additional pump for these skimmers?

Which one do you think is better for my 46 gallon reef tank?

Fish: yellow Tang, foxface, yellow tail damsel, tomato clown, spotted hawk
Coral: green stay polyps, mushroom polyps, pulsing xenias, xenias, pink and purple chalice, green button polyps, ricordia, toadstool

smallreefer
09/14/2006, 02:11 AM
Hi, i have a red sea prizm pro which i just got today i plan to have it hanging off the sump it will be connected to a 44 gallon reef, it includes a pump and is easy to install. not sure which once is the better but the prizm looks nice.

Dan

smallreefer
09/14/2006, 02:20 AM
Hi, i have a red sea prizm pro which i just got today i plan to have it hanging off the sump it will be connected to a 44 gallon reef, it includes a pump and is easy to install. not sure which once is the better but the prizm looks nice.

Dan

ryan115
09/14/2006, 04:16 AM
i would go with the CPR. There is alot less tampering with the skimmer once you set it up, and I have heard very few good things about the prizm. Several of my friends had them and hated them.

Steven Pro
09/14/2006, 04:26 AM
The CPR is a better skimmer. It produces more, darker, and more consistent skimmate than the Prizm. It also comes in a in-sump version if you want called the SR-2.

Charlie Davidson
09/14/2006, 05:26 AM
Are you limiting your self to just those 2? or looking for a good hang on back skimmer?
The prism was a real PITA to me (sold it for $25).. But I know a few that really liked it! they even kept some Very nice SPS!

xunkn0vvnx
09/14/2006, 06:44 AM
What exactly did you not like about the two skimmers?

So are both able to be hung off of the sump?

Charlie Davidson
09/14/2006, 06:54 AM
Me? never owned bakpac, remora needed adjustments every time I walked by.. or even looked at tank hard.:lol: Like I said, a few freinds loved them. I did like the surface skimming idea on it..
Aqua-c remora was a good one I tried, I hear the Octopus is good. Deltec make a good high end one. We are talking only hang -ons right?

xunkn0vvnx
09/14/2006, 04:11 PM
Yes we are, or what are some affordable in sump skimmers?

babyjess210
09/14/2006, 04:15 PM
I have a CPR and i like it. Very easy to use and clean. I realize i had a lot of crap in my tank when i first use it.