PDA

View Full Version : a sweet aquascape job

reefkoi
09/14/2006, 03:31 PM
I saw this on reefcentral. man I'd love to have this creative of a aquascape. I may have to get out the tongs and start arranging!!!!!!!!!!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/reefkoi/sweetaquascape.jpg

murfman
09/14/2006, 03:53 PM
your tank is that big, go for it!

reefkoi
09/14/2006, 07:25 PM
Well I think its a matter of having exceptional water and a mature system, I wish i knew how long its been setup and what equipment he uses. I do like the layout a lot though.
chris

ZenMan
09/15/2006, 08:55 AM
I remember reading about that tank, but I can't remember what thread it was from. From what I remember, the tank is in Japan and is an open system, it pumps in fresh seawater and drains back to the ocean. Suffice it to say the water quality in that tank must be exceptional and probably is at a level we'll never be able to achieve on a long term basis.

reefkoi
09/15/2006, 04:15 PM
wow, yeah i wonder if thats the tank called "the japan reef" ??? I have heard of that, with the soft non-photosyntetic corals he has I bet your right about a flow through open type system. Sweet and i cant get over how clean the glass and sand and whole tank in general are, makes me sick, mine is a septic tank compared to this guys tank.
Chris