PDA

View Full Version : Help with My Seahorse

MM51496
09/14/2006, 09:34 PM
My seahorse is black and I'm not sure what kind but his stomach has turned a whitish yellow collor and he's still eating but twitches and shakes sometimes when he swims. Does anyone have any ideas?

pledosophy
09/15/2006, 12:18 AM
I would check for stray voltage in the water. Stick your hand in se if you feel a buz.

I would also look at parasites. Where did you get the horse? How long have you had the horse?

Next I ask you post a pic, or email it to me if your are not able to post. My email is kpfrenzel at yahoo.com

I would like to see the discoloration before I make further recommendations. Very least if you provide a full body and a nice profile shot of the head I can give you a species.

Fredfish
09/15/2006, 02:22 AM
Is the whitish yellow belly colour constant or does it come and go? Horses do have the ability to change colour.

Fred

panmanmatt
09/15/2006, 11:05 AM
IS it just the one seahorse in the tank? Can you give us some more background on your system? Size, how long it's been set up, water parameters, tankmates.

All these will help us give you a better idea as to what may be wrong, if anything is at all.

Also a pic would help a ton.