PDA

View Full Version : air stones

meisel1
09/15/2006, 06:52 PM
Is it a bad idea to put an air stone in a salt tank, if so why, if not why not . Just a question .....anybody.....anybody.

Raibaru
09/15/2006, 07:47 PM
I had one in while troubleshooting my low pH problems and even with it running for just a couple hours the salt creep was immense!

I tried hiding it in my aquaclear filter that is doing nothing but adding flow at this point and it was still unmanagable.

I heard people were putting them in their AquaC remoras somehow and that didn't add to the bubble problems but I dont know how they did it. I know it isn't attached to the intake.

But the reason people dont use them is because when the bubbles come to the surface and pop they throw water and it creates massive amounts of salt creep.

sir_dudeguy
09/15/2006, 08:00 PM
yes the salt creep would be the reason not to use them. Also, are you thinking of using the bubbles for "show" or for the visual affect? if so, that still wouldnt really work, because with all the flow that our tanks need the bubbles wouldnt just stay in one spot. They're gonna go EVERYWHERE and look pretty bad if you ask me.