PDA

View Full Version : Feather Dusters are smoking.

mystikdragon7
09/18/2006, 11:35 AM
When I looked at my tank earlier this morning when the lights were still off, I noticed that it looked cloudy. I grabbed my flashlight and I spotted my feather dusters puffing out smoke like stuff. I can't remember if that's good or bad. Are they spawning or is it something else?

gobind
09/18/2006, 11:46 AM
Yes they are spawing.

WinkeyWoneye
09/18/2006, 11:46 AM
I had a large Hawaiian (brown ones) that popped his crown, 20 minutes later a nasty as could be brown liquid was pouring from it. Shortly after that it crawled comepletly out of the tube flailed around on the substrate for a bit than croaked. I quickly took it out after watching it happen. I didnt want the cleanup crew to start picking at it and make the mess worse. I have never seen another one spew since than. But as for spewing a whitish-cloudy matter, havent ever seen that so cant really help there. Good luck with it :smokin:

Mrs.kbmdale
09/18/2006, 11:56 AM
I've never seen or heard of this happening, but common sense tells me that since cloudy white stuff coming from a coral or invert usually means spawning, then my vote is for spawning ;)

Good Luck and Happy Reefing!
Brianna:rollface:

PS. Winkey Woneye, that happened because it starved to death.