PDA

View Full Version : scotts in westchester IL anyone??

Weezel111
09/19/2006, 09:14 AM
i have a petshop by the name of scotts petshop about 30 mins away from me...their liverock doesnt really look like its got anything on it...but they sell it at 9 dollars a pound...has anyone ever bought any LR from there? if so, is it good? what can i expect to have as hitchhikers? i mean there is no corraline on it, i havent seen any creatures, or anything...im wondering if its a ripoff...but ive never bought any live rock so im not sure how it comes at the start...

any help please?

-b-

Weezel111
09/19/2006, 11:25 AM
nobody? wow being only 20mins from one of the largest cities in the country, you would think someone has been to this place...they are pretty big...

any one???

miztic
09/19/2006, 11:38 AM
Wow, I'm not far from there, didn't know the place existed, $9/lb sounds like a ripoff no matter what comes on it imho..

Weezel111
09/19/2006, 12:08 PM
miztic: where are you at?...i used to live like 2 blocks from that place...im in aurora now...do you have any recommendations for where to get live rock locally? i only know of two places and thats the only place i can find that sells live rock...i agree with it being a rip off...where did you get yours...not online...

-b-

Ramble On Rose
09/19/2006, 01:09 PM
You'll get a much bigger/better response if you post this in the CMAS forum under the clubs section of this board.

Douglas LEHMAN
09/19/2006, 01:14 PM
Hello
Give Steve a call at Reef's Plus in North Aurora.

miztic
09/19/2006, 01:23 PM
I usually go down to livingsea in Park Ridge, they have an excellent fish setup, I wasn't that excited about their corals/inverts.. as far as I know they put base rock in a tank with maybe other live rock and a couple fish to make their LR, I could be wrong tho, I haven't gotten mine from there..

I got my LR from saltycritter in vermillion, OH digging through their tubs was fun :) my tank is in Ohio, so getting my rock from saltycritter was convenient.

I'm setting up a tank at the office, unless you find a better LR place locally, I think I'll probably go with premiumaquatics rock.. I'll definately watch this thread :)

Edit: Forgot to add, I'm working in the Willowbrook/Downers Grove area.

Weezel111
09/19/2006, 02:37 PM
Doug, Reefs Plus? never heard of it...where is that at? is it an actual storefront? could you give me an address or at least cross streets...

Miztic, i just moved from willowbrook about a year ago...i think Scott's does the same thing as living sea...sounds to be, at least...

miztic
09/19/2006, 03:00 PM
I just ran into a thread on the CMAS forum "which petshop to you prefer?" http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171835 I just added the addresses for 6 stores to my pda ;) the thread is from 2003 so some addresses are out of date, (i know for sure reefdweller moved to 5858 N. Lincoln)

I may have to go visit some to look at the LR :)