PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn drooping

miracles38
09/19/2006, 05:43 PM
Yesterday my big, beautiful frogspawn started drooping. This morning it was drooping even more and the skeleton was showing. I did a 15 minute iodine dip and put it back in aquarium. This evening it is still very droopy and looks like the flesh is going to come off.

Any idea what this is or what I can do? I have another frogspawn in the tank and it is fine.

Thanks for any help.

GinaSofia
09/19/2006, 05:47 PM
Maybe too much/too little flow??

Mrs.kbmdale
09/20/2006, 07:57 AM
Check all of your water parameters, even though the other frog is fine. Then, you need to check out what is around it, and if it's being aggravated/stung by something nearby. Are there any spots of decaying flesh or anything? Any heads that are doing fine on that colony? If so I'd frag off the good ones just to be on the safe side. I would also suggest doing a 15-25% water change, running some fresh carbon, and adding some vita chem or Seachems Reef Plus, both of which are just vitamins for corals, it will help them.

Good Luck and Happy Reefing!
Brianna:rollface:

miracles38
09/20/2006, 01:04 PM
The flesh seems to be decaying. Last night I moved it to the bottom in a very low flow area. I also added some vits last night. I will test the water today - I just did a water change on Saturday. Maybe there was something wrong with the water. Everything else in tank is okay.