PDA

View Full Version : puffer died too sad

46bfinGA
09/20/2006, 05:10 AM
didnt think it would ever happen but it did.my goldentail ate my porcupine puffer,i thought that the puffer was too big for his mouth,i guess i was wrong.sad day indeed.one of my favorite fish ive ever owned.out of my three eels hes the only one that didnt come out and eat so im guessing he was the culprit.

d_hartke
09/20/2006, 07:35 AM
I had the same thing happen with a Zebra Eel. A couldn't believe it. My snowflake also ate my foxface. I freind was watching my house and saw it. The puffer was only a couple days old too. After that the eels got the boot from the tank. I traded them for a french angle that I am waiting for. sucks

SW1TCH
09/20/2006, 10:52 AM
46bfinga- what two other eels do you have housed with the goldentail?

LauraCline
09/20/2006, 11:10 AM
He must've caught the puffer by suprise. Otherwise the puffer probably would have puffed up large enough not to get swallowed. I'm sorry to hear that though. :(

I like Triggers
09/20/2006, 11:29 AM
what size was the puffer?

hcahan
09/20/2006, 11:46 AM
My deepest sympathies. Porc puffers are the best.

xinumaster
09/20/2006, 12:03 PM
sorry to hear your lose.

NORTHBAY(707)
09/20/2006, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss!
I Tried putting in two puffers in with my Eel,they both where about 6-8" big, the Blacked striped puffer was the one that got the blunt end of the attacks. The first day and night everything was all good,the 2nd day my little girl which I got the puffers for was watching them swim around then she started yelling wondering what the Eel was doing with her "Stripes" I ran in the house and seen the Eel go into as death roll like a "croc" the whole length of the tank back and fourth 2 times with a puffer the size of a basketball in it's mouth they almost came out of the tank knocking the Lights and covers off the tank. In away it was funny,but in other ways it wasn't.

I had to stay up the rest on the night keeping the Puffer out of the Eels mouth. Knowing that the EEL was doing this I took both of them back the LFS. which was a 6" porc puffer and about a 7-8" striped puffer. My Eel real didn't notice the porc. puffer at all only when he first went into the tank,But the poor striped puffer that's all the Eel was messing with.

:smokin: LaTER.

46bfinGA
09/21/2006, 06:12 AM
sw1tch,i have a chainlink and a jeweled eel in with the goldentail.

puffer was around 4-5" i would have never believed that it could fit in any of my eels mouths.i guess i was wrong,wouldnt be the first time.all i know is that it sucks.ill have to get me another one ill just try to find one twice his size.