PDA

View Full Version : Clowns

divecj5
09/21/2006, 05:28 AM
To finish where I left off.....after introducing the initial crew and then the two astreas, I let things just roll for a while to make sure that things were stable before I introduced anything else. I was really just scared to screw anything up and I just needed some time to take a breather and just sit back and enjoy the live rock and snails (I know, REAL exciting).

I probably waited about 2 weeks total after all of my parameters were 0, pH sitting just at 8.2, and alkalinity and calcium checking out nicely before I added anything else.

To give you a little background of what I'm thinking and planning for this tank, I would really like to keep it a softy and LPS tank. I am really fascinated with the flowing LPS (frogspawn, hammer, bubble) but I also really like other LPS such as really colorful candy cane. So along with those, I want to get a good mix of some nice ricordia as well as a mixture of zoas as well. I am planning on staying away from SPS for the time being not only because of the higher price (lighting and corals themselves) but because I'm sure at some point I will upgrade to a bigger tank and will tackle this then.

As far as fish are concerned, I really like the following (not necessarily have them all though :) ):

False Percs
Six-line wrasse
Flame Angel
Firefish
Tangs (although this will come in a bigger tank some day)

Out of all those fish, I knew the first were going to be the false percs mainly because I've heard and read they are hardy, pretty resistent to diseases, and more importantly I just really like them. I knew that it would spark my girlfriend's interest in the tank as well. So after 2 weeks of steady params....I headed to the LFS looking for a good pair of false percs. Of course they had just got in a batch and I asked them to hold two of them in the same tank for a week to make sure they got along alright. I'm not really looking to harvest the fry or anything, I just thought it would be nice to have two instead of one lonely clown.

Everything went alright for that week with no quarreling so I decided to bring them back and introduced them to my tank. See pics below of Harry and Lloyd (well I guess Lloyd -ete for the female) or Nemo and Marlin to my girlfriend :lol:

divecj5
09/21/2006, 05:36 AM
Sorry, I meant to put this in my tank thread :)