PDA

View Full Version : pinpoint monitors

speedstar
09/21/2006, 03:52 PM
Ok not bashing MD but didn't know where to voice my frustration. Also I'm a very impatient person. I recieved a calcium monitor it has not worked out of the box. It will not calibrate. MD says there is nothing they can do for me I have to deal with american marine direct. Now american marine will not allow MD to return defective merchandise to them. So MD has done all they can directing me to americanmarine.

I just don't understand why when I purchased something brand new and it doesn't work why I cant return or have it advance replaced (ie send me another one bill me again and just credit me when you get the return of old). American marine will not do this I was told the credit card fees are too high. My point is it should be there problem for not having good enough quality control. American Marine has also been good with support, i have to check the bios and they may need the probesent to them to send me a replacement. My point though maybe i'm crazy is why should i be going without. I guess in my business advance replacement on electronics is very common, and i dont see why i need to jump through hoops when it was DOA. It was brand new never used just send me one that works.

Just needed to vent, and it has been a bad day. But someones policy really should change.

hopefully its resolved soon.

MarineDepot
09/23/2006, 02:23 PM
Hi speedstar,

I am sorry to hear about your situation, but yes unfortunately it is true American Marine do and will handle their own warranty issues and will also help you trouble shoot your unit with you. This comes directly from them. I would intent to contact them again at 800-925-4689 and speak with Lou. They maybe able to work out a solution for you.

please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions

Walter
Marine Depot Customer Service

MarineDepot
09/23/2006, 02:23 PM
Hi speedstar,

I am sorry to hear about your situation, but yes unfortunately it is true American Marine do and will handle their own warranty issues and will also help you trouble shoot your unit with you. This comes directly from them. I would intent to contact them again at 800-925-4689 and speak with Lou. They maybe able to work out a solution for you.

please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions

Walter
Marine Depot Customer Service

speedstar
09/26/2006, 02:11 PM
Problems have been resolved.